Monday, April 26, 2010

" Wow - any day now"



That's what the midwife today my very pregnant wife today at her   
checkup. 

That means that soon we will have a new born baby girl named Emily in   
our life.  She will join her 2 year old much loved and adored big   
sister Sophie and we will become a family of 4 (6 including the cats) 

OMG!


Yes. I am freaking out a bit.  I mean one child under 4 is a lot to deal but a 2 year old toddler and new born?!?!
I just keep telling myself "it will be ok." Lots of people raise two really young kids at one time"  "we're are not the first parents with a 2 year old and a new born"


Honestly, I think we'll be okay. It's the road to okay I'm worried about.   I'm sure it's going to be really bumpy and full of frustrations, sleepless nights, tears, tantrums and misunderstandings.  Our patience will be tested and our limits will be pushed but love and family will prevail.


Besides, I'm sure everything will work itself out by the time the girls are 10 or 11 years old.




Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Liz said...

YAYYYY baby!!

Anonymous said...

I have two small kids (fifteen months apart) and it is horribly wonderful. But you will do fine. Just think, it could be twins. Now I have to go yell at my kids.

VirtuallyGeeky said...

I know it can be stressfull. Hell, when Dora wasn't even one yet, we accidentally got pregnant with Nicky while Dani was on the pill!!! Jon was already 4, and we thought we were done at two with a boy and a girl. Silly us.

It doesn't necessarily get easier over time, but you learn to adapt for sure. I also think you learn to adapt faster as they get older. Jon is now 12, and Dora is 8, while Nick is 7 (only just) and Nate is 3. Dani sometimes wishes we had another little baby, but we are done at 4 (nice even number for Dani).

You and Jen are awesome parents, so while you may be stressed and worried, have faith in yourselves and Sophie. Everything will be just perfect!

Longhare71 said...

wow, dude...if i could do it....you can do it. and you're obviously smothering the first child with TOO much love, so a 2nd child doesn't seem to be a bad idea.

Post a Comment